Friday 21 December 2012

St Kew Teacup Basket - Lakeland {Review}

A little while ago I was contacted by Lakeland to see if I would like to review one of their Christmas Hampers – the St Kew Teacup Basket.

photo (169)

The hamper was sent out by Lakeland and arrived very quickly. It was well protected inside a box, and the hamper itself was beautifully packaged. The basket is shaped like a tea cup – definitely one to keep!

photo (170)

Inside there was a box of English Breakfast Tea, a jar of Strawberry & Champagne Conserve and two packets of biscuits – Strawberries and Cream Shortbread and Fabulous Oatie Flips.

photo (171)

I haven’t had a chance to try everything yet, as I'm sure is the case for the rest of you, there is so much food around at this time of year that I'm trying to show a little restraint where possible!!!! I am saving the Strawberry & Champagne Conserve for Christmas Day morning as it sounds suitably luxurious to go with our croissants! My Grandma came round for tea a couple of days ago though so I gave her the choice of which biscuits to open – she said they both sounded delicious but chose the oatie flips…

photo (172)

Rubbish photo, sorry – my camera has decided to break just in time for Christmas – but these biscuits were absolutely divine! My Grandma only had one as, despite loving them, she has a very small appetite (she only ever drinks half a cup of tea or coffee too!). I, however, ate 5 while she was there and then finished them off with Izzy after school!! Embarrassed smile Izzy just looked over my shoulder and saw the above photo and said “mmm, those biscuits were lovely, can we buy them again please?” so definite thumbs up here!!

Have you ever heard of St Kew Products before? They are a Cornish brand, and from what I’ve tried so far I would definitely recommend them. I will look out for them in future when I want some old fashioned food treats…perfect for sharing with Grandparents or just for a bit of luxury!

Thank you to Lakeland for sending me the hamper to review. All opinions in this post are my own.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...